Sensei Erik Paulson
Founder of CSW Training Center & STX Kickboxing
Sensei Erik Paulson’s martial arts journey began in 1974, in Judo. From there, he went on to train in the disciplines of Freestyle and Greco-Roman Wrestling, Boxing, Jeet Kune Do, Filipino Martial Arts (Kali/Eskrima/Arnis), Shoot Wrestling, and Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. Many of his teachers included training with Rorion Gracie, Royce Gracie, Rickson Gracie, in a garage, Greg Nelson, Rob Kaman, and Nicolas Saignac. He is world renown for his grappling, and is considered a leading authority in MMA.
Erik is the founder of CSW Training Center (Combat Submission Wrestling) and STX Kickboxing (Savate-Thai Cross Training). Besides Heading CSW in Fullerton Ca., Erik has also written a book, History of American Submission Wrestling, and was a coach of Team Lesnar on The Ultimate Fighter, Season 13.
- First American to win the World Light-Heavy Weight Shooto Title in Japan
- Has trained fighters such as Josh Barnett, Ken Shamrock, Renato Sobral, Cub Swanson, Ben Jones, Craig Wilkerson, James Wilks, Sean Sherk, and Former UFC champion Brock Lesnar
- Black Belt, Brazilian Jiu Jitsu
- Black Belt, Judo
- Black Belt, Tae Kwon Do
- Full Instructor Jeet Kune Do
- Full Instructor Filipino Martial Arts
- Full Instructor Muay Thai, under Ajarn Chai
- Dan Inosanto, Yorinaga Nakamura, Rigan Machado, Larry Hartsell